Chocolate Cashew Butter Cheesecake
|Prep time||5 hours, 30 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
|Total time||6 hours, 40 minutes|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Delicious cashew and chocolate cheesecake. Very easy, very rich and yummy.
- Extra butter for greasing
For the base
- 50g Roasted and salted cashews
- 100g Dark chocolate chips
- 200g Arnott's shredded wheatmeal biscuits
- 50g Unsalted Butter
For the filling
- 500g Light cream cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Egg yolks
- 200g Caster sugar
- 125ml Light sour cream
- 250g Cashew paste/butter (Melrose or Ceres)
For the topping
- 250ml Light sour cream
- 100g Milk chocolate chips
- 30g Soft brown sugar
Amines, Low Salicylates, Low Glutamates.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature before starting.
- The cheese cake can be made up to 2 days in advanced and stored in the fridge, covered in glad wrap. Keep the cheesecake in the tin, to preserve its shape.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, keep the cheesecake in its tin and wrap in 2 layers of glad wrap, then a layer of tin foil. Defrost overnight in the fridge. Freeze for up to a month.