Fluffy Spelt Pancakes
Allergy / Intolerance
Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates
Amines Challenge, Dairy / Lactose Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Amines Allowed, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge, Salicylates & Amines
Breakfast, Dessert, Sweet Things
Serve Hot, Serve Warm
Easy, healthy spelt pancakes.
- 150g spelt flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (Refer to note)
- 3/4 cups milk + 1 tablespoon (Refer to note)
- pinch (sea salt)
- 1 pear (peeled)
- 1 egg
- butter or Nuttelex (for cooking)
||Add the flour, milk, egg and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. |
||Grate the pear and stir into the batter. |
||Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Melt a knob of butter in the pan then add the batter a spoonful at a time. You should be able to cook about 3 at once. |
||Cook for a few minutes until they are golden on the bottom. Flip over and cook for a few minutes on the other side. |
||Serve straight away with your favourite toppings. |
Low Chemical / Failsafe
Makes 8 pancakes
- Replace the pear with half a cup of apple sauce (made with Red or Golden Delicious apples apple sauce is moderate salicylates) or a mashed banana (amines).
- Replace the milk with rice milk and use Nuttelex for a dairy free version.
- Replace the milk with buttermilk.
I make my own baking powder - click here for the recipe.