Green Bean Salad with Egg Topping
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Egg, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates, Wheat|
|Suitable for||Dairy / Lactose Free, Gluten Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
|Occasion||Barbecue, Casual Party, Picnic|
A delicious, easy and healthy bean salad, use green and yellow beans for a colour variation.
- 675g green beans (topped and tailed)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or Nutelex)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup home made bread crumbs (refer to basics page, or use rice crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 egg (hard-boiled and shelled)
Low Chemical / Failsafe
1. Use rice crumbs or Orgran Multigrain crumbs for a gluten-free version,
2. Use Nutelex for a dairy-free version,
3. Use yellow beans, such as butter beans for a colour variation,
4. If eggs are a problem the topping can be made without them, or make two versions (one with, one without egg) and serve them both as a side dish, letting people spoon the topping on after serving.
Refer to the basics page for home made bread crumbs.