Lentil and Sausage Stew (Slow Cooker)
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||8 hours|
|Total time||8 hours, 15 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - Amines Allowed, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish|
|Misc||Freezable, Serve Hot, Slow Cooker|
A hearty, warming winter stew with sausages and lentils.
- 250g dried lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 400g butternut or squash pumpkin (cut into chunks)
- 4 cups water
- 1 Large carrot (chopped)
- 400g FAILSAFE sausages (approximately 6, refer to Basics Page)
- 1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
- 2 heaped teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup syrup from pears in syrup
Moderate Salicylates, Low Glutamates, Low / High Amines
Note: the amine levels in meat increase with longer cooking times. If amines aren't tolerated this stew can be made in a large saucepan on the stove top or in the oven in a casserole dish with a much shorter cooking time.
Refer to the Basics page for FAILSAFE sausages.