|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||40 minutes|
|Total time||50 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||Dairy / Lactose Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
Home made Okonomiyaki.
- Rice bran oil (for cooking)
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup plain white flour
- 1 1/2 cup water or home made stock
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups cabbage (thinly slice strips 3cm long)
- 3 spring onions (thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- 1/2 cup rice crumbs
What you wish: (Optional)
- 2 cooked failsafe sauges (thinly sliced on the diagonal)
- Mayonnaise (Refer to recipe)
- Okonomi sauce (Refer to recipe)
Low Chemical / Failsafe
Okonomi means "what you wish" so feel free to add any other finely sliced meats or vegetable to the basic mixture.
Home made bread crumbs can also be used instead of rice crumbs.
Potato starch can be used instead of rice flour. The purpose of the rice flour/potato starch is to create a "sticky" batter.
Refer here for recipes referred to above:
- Mayonnaise or egg-free mayonnaise.
- Okonomi Sauce
- Home made stock
- Home made bread crumbs
- Failsafe Sausages