Stuffed Roast Chicken
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Total time||2 hours|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Egg, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates, Wheat|
|Suitable for||Dairy / Lactose Free, Gluten Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Cold, Serve Hot|
|Occasion||Christmas, Easter, Formal Party, Special Occasions|
Roast chicken basted with golden syrup and stuffed with sweet potato.
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Sea salt
For the stuffing:
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon butter or Nuttelex
- 1 cup home made bread crumbs (refer to basics page, or use rice crumbs)
- 60g sweet potato (grated)
Moderate Salicylates, Low Glutamates, Low Amines
Refer to the basics page for home made bread crumbs.
- For a gluten-free version use rice crumbs instead of bread crumbs.
- For a dairy-free version use Nuttelex instead of butter.
- For a low salicylate / FAILSAFE version use swede instead of sweet potato.
Don't eat the skin if Amines are a problem.