Quick, healthy zucchini soup.
- 2 teaspoons Sunflower oil
- 4 Spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Very large Zucchini (peeled and seeds removed (approx. 1.2kg flesh), grated and squeezed to remove the excess liquid)
- 4 cups Home made vegetable stock (refer to Basics page)
- 185ml Light evaporated milk
||Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the spring onions and celery and fry for about 2 minutes, add the garlic and fry for another minute. |
||Add the zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. |
||Add the stock and bring to the boil with the lid on. Reduce the heat and simmer partially covered for about 10 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked. |
||Transfer to a food processor and puree. Return to the saucepan and add the evaporated milk, season with salt. |
||Cook over medium heat until warmed through, then serve. |
||Can be stored in the freezer. |
Moderate Salicylates, Low Amines, Low Glutamates
Refer to Basics page for stock recipes.