|Chicken Stir Fry|
Chicken Stir Fry (Low Chemical / Failsafe, Moderate Amines /Salicylates / Glutamates)
- 1 tblspn sunflower oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 500g chicken, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 cups of vegies, e.g.
- small tin of bamboo shoots
- celery, thinly sliced
- choko, sliced into match stick size pieces
- red or green cabbage, finely sliced
- mung bean sprouts
- beans, chopped
- carrot, thinly sliced into match stick size pieces (optional – moderate salicylate)
- peas (optional – moderate glutamates)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tspn crushed garlic
- 1 tblspn golden syrup
- 1 cup stock or water
- 3 tspn wheaten cornflour
- Cooked rice or noodles to serve
- Heat the oil in the wok and add the shallots, fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to the wok and fry until browned.
- Add the vegies and cashews and mix through the chicken.
- Combine the malt vinegar, crushed garlic and golden syrup and add to the chicken and vegies.
- Combine the stock or water and cornflour and mix until the cornflour has dissolved and there are no lumps. Add to the wok and heat until the sauce boils or thickens.
- Serve immediately with the rice or noodles.
An amine-free version can be made by leaving out the malt vinegar.