This is another recipe that comes under the heading “Things to do with leftover roast chicken’. If you have some cooked chicken and vegetables on hand, this is a very quick and simple mid-week meal.
|Chicken and Lentils with Rice|
Chicken and Lentils with Rice (Low Chem)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tblspn sunflower oil
- 2 tspn minced garlic
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cups cooked chopped vegetables:
- sweet potato (Moderate Salicylates)
- carrot (Moderate Salicylates)
- 185ml can light evaporated milk
- Cooked rice to serve
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and shallots and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and vegetables and mix together, cooking until heated through.
- Add the evaporated milk, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.