Another simple, easy pasta recipe. Its been adapted from a recipe on Lifestyle Food.
Pasta Carbonara (Amines)
- 1 tspn butter
- 185ml can of light evaporated milk
- 100ml smooth light ricotta
- Approx. 200g organic or preservative free ham or bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley (Parlsey is low salicylates as long as it is used as a garnish only.)
- 2 eggs
- 500g Pasta.
- Start cooking the pasta.
- Saute the leek in the butter until soft. Add the bacon or ham and fry until it begins to brown.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the evaporated milk and ricotta, mix until smooth. Keep warm. but don’t boil.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a fork, then add the parsley and cheese and mix.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and mix in the egg mixture and the ham/bacon mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Variation: to include mushrooms in the carbonara, we separately saute 4 large mushrooms, thinly sliced in 1 tspn butter until soft. We split out a portion of the pasta for Oscar, then stir the mushrooms through the remaining pasta.