The summer weather in Melbourne is crazy at the moment, it can go from 30 degrees one day to 17 a couple of days later. Its those cold snaps that make me crave some comfort food and I got this quick and easy recipe from The Failsafe Cookbook.
Caramel Pears (Low Chem)
- 10 pear halves in syrup cut in half again or 5 fresh pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tblspn golden syrup
- 1 tblspn butter
- 1 tblspn plain flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- Canola oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and spray an oven proof dish.
- Place the pear quarters in the bottom of the greased dish.
- Combine the sugar, golden syrup, butter, flour and water and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the pears and bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or custard.