I have my hubby to thank for this recipe. He has adapted the Amine Chocolate Mud Cake recipe in the Failsafe Cookbook and made these delicious cup cakes, which are surprisingly light for a mud cake, and very yummy. The original recipe comes with a low amine variation, which I have included here.
Chocolate Mud Cup Cakes (Amines, Low Salicylate, Low Glutamates)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g dark chocolate
- 3 tblspns instant decaf coffee
- 300ml boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tblspns sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tspn bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup caster sugar
|Chocolate Mud Cake Muffins|
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease 4 x 6-hole muffin trays, or user silicon ones.
- In a large bowl melt the butter, chocolate, coffee and water by microwaving for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, oil and cream. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients together and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Variation: for a lower amine version use white Nestle melts (no added flavour) and 1/2 cup carob instead of cocoa.