When the cyclones hit Queensland’s banana crop there was no doubt that we would continue to buy them, no matter what price they reached. When you child can only eat 5 fruits – pears, red and golden delicious apples, bananas, paw paw and papaya, and loquats (I don’t even know what these are) – losing 20% of your options is a big hit. At first we were very careful with them and made sure they were eaten before they started going brown, but lately we’ve become a bit slack and have let a few get past the radar. They never get wasted and usually go into muffins or ice cream, and last week we made banana waffle sandwiches.
Banana Waffle Sandwiches (Low Salicylate, Low Glutamates, Amines)
- Soft bananas (1 banana makes 2 sandwiches)
- Maple syrup
- Nana’s Original Waffles – 2 per sandwich
- Ice cream or custard to serve
|Banana waffle sandwiches|
- Roughly mash the bananas with a fork and mix in some maple syrup, to taste.
- Heat the bananas for about 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Place the bananas between 2 waffles and serve with custard or ice cream.
P.S. I won the mixer – for a very good price!
No problem at all thank you. I think I'll have to get a waffle maker and try those.
Hi Oscar's Mum 🙂
I've just posted a version of this made using mochi instead of traditional waffles. I have linked to your post in my post: http://tortoisetales2.wordpress.com/some-failsafe-resources/some-recipes/mochi-waffles-moffles-with-banana-and-maple-syrup/
Let me know if that's not ok.