Hooray! Today is my 2nd year Blogoversary!
I can’t believe I have been doing this for 2 years now, the time has gone so quickly and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed sharing our experiences and recipes with you all. The past 12 months in particular have been extremely busy, but very satisfying:
- I registered my own domain name cookingforoscar.com and moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress,
- I installed a new plugin and started transferring all my recipes into a printable, searchable format (I’m still working on that!),
- I started a Facebook page for Cooking For Oscar,
- I finally got on board with Twitter (although I’m still not a great tweeter),
- I’ve just joined Pinterest (we’ll see how that goes),
- and a couple of months ago I launched a joint newsletter At the FAILSAFE Table with 3 wonderful women to bring together all our FAILSAFE and RPAH Elimination Diet recipes in one place. Thank you to the ladies at Domestic Diva, Failsafe Foodie and Real Meals.
The recipes are are a mixture of new and old recipes and range from Elimination / FAILSAFE diet suitable through to challenges and the re-introduction phase. All of these recipes are on my blog and will remain there for now, although my site is getting very large and I may have to start archiving older content soon. The book would make a great gift to family and friends who want to cook for you but don’t know what they are looking for.
Both books are available in the Blurb book store. The iBook does only work on the apple devices listed above. Blurb are working on other ebook formats and once they are released I will make Recipes for Oscar available in those formats as well. The soft cover version is printed in full colour on high quality, glossy paper. Each copy of the book is printed individually as it is ordered, so it is more expensive than a book of the same size in a book store. If you still want one I suggest you sign up to Blurb and register to receive emails from them. They quite regularly have discount offers that can be applied to any book in the book store, so it’s worth waiting for.
Thank you to everyone who has supported Cooking for Oscar over the last 2 years. Thank you for your subscriptions, likes, follows, pins, comments, emails and suggestions. I’m looking forward to the next 12 months and hope you enjoy it too!
For your chance to win a copy of the ibook version all you have to do is leave a comment on this post telling my why you would like to win the book. The winning entry will be drawn at random. Entry is open to anyone who leaves a comment, but please remember the ibook will only work on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
Entries close midnight Tuesday 14th August. The winner will be notified by email and will be published on my Facebook page once confirmed. The winner must reply within 7 days or the prize will be redrawn.
There are also some free copies available to anyone with a blog or website who would like to do a book review. If interested, please contact me by email: [email protected].
Post update: This competition is now closed. Congratulations to Kristie!
The preview for the book can be seen on the Blurb book store.