Nectarine and Sour Cream Cake
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hours, 10 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - High Chemical|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Nectarine and sour cream cake.
- 3/4 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 3/4 cups white self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125g unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 Firm, ripe nectarines (stoned and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice substitute (refer to basics page)
- 1 heaped tablespoon brown sugar
- Pure icing sugar (for dusting)
- Canola oil spray (for greasing)
High Salicylates, Low Amines, Low Glutamates.
Substitute the nectarines for any stone fruit, or for a lower salicylate version, peeled pears (low) or peeled red/golden delicious apples ((moderate).
Refer to the basics page for lemon juice substitute.