|Prep time||8 hours, 5 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Glutamates, Preservatives|
|Suitable for||Dairy / Lactose Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - High Chemical, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Easy, delicious overnight soaked oats, no cooking required.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cups rice or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated coconut (refer to Basics page)
- 1 tablespoon mixed quinoa and amaranth grains (I use Olive Green Organics Andean Grains Mix)
- 1 Ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or maple syrup
|1.||Mix everything together in a bowl. Cover and leave overnight in the fridge|
|2.||Serve cold or place in the microwave for 1 minute to warm it to room temperature.|
|3.||Serve as-is or top with other fresh fruit and more maple syrup, if needed.|
Moderate / High Salicylates, Low Glutamates, Moderate / High Amines
The amine levels in bananas increases as the banana ages. Just ripe bananas are moderate in amines, very ripe bananas are high in amines.
Using rice milk will give a moderate salicylate version, almond milk is high in salicylates and amines.
Refer to Basics page for fresh grated coconut.