The pasta bake was a big success with Oscar, he even helped to cook it. Although helping consisted mostly of eating the pasta before it went in the oven. He also ate a lot of it for dinner. I managed to use up a lot of left overs with this recipe. Quantities are a rough guide and can be adjusted to suit taste and available ingredients.
Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
Allergy / Intolerance
Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates
Amines Challenge, RPAH Elimination Diet - Amines Allowed, RPAH Elimination Diet - High Chemical, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe
Lunch, Main Dish
Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot
Easy chicken and vegetable pasta bake.
- 2 cups Vegetable Sauce (Refer to Basics Page)
- 1 1/2 cup leftover roast chicken (chopped)
- 100ml light cooking cream
- 100ml light evaporated milk
- 6 cups cooked pasta (any kind)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup home made bread crumbs (Refer to Basics Page)
||Preheat the oven to 180 C. |
||Combine the vegetable sauce, cream and evaporated milk. Add water if the sauce needs to thinned a bit more. |
||Add the chicken to sauce then combine with the pasta. |
||Pour the pasta into a greased baking dish. |
||Combine the cheese and bread crumbs then sprinkle over the top of the pasta. |
||Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until cooked through and golden brown on top. |
Low Chemical / Failsafe, High Amines
Quantities are a rough guide and can be adjusted to suit taste and available ingredients.
1. Use rice crumbs instead of bread crumbs.
2. If amines aren't tolereated, combine the bread crumbs with 100g light cream cheese and sprinkle over the top.
Refer to the Basics page for Vegetable Sauce and Bread Crumb recipes.