Cheesy Tuna and Vegetable Pie (Amines, Low Salicylates, Low Glutamates)
Serves 4 – 6
|Cheesy Tuna and Vegetable Pie|
Can be made a day ahead
- 1 sheet Pampas ready-rolled Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 tablespoon milk (for the pastry)
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- Approx. 600g potatoes and swedes
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ¾ cup (90g) grated cheese
- 185g can tuna, drained, flaked
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- Sunflower oil
- 1 can bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- Canola oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Peel and cut the potatoes and swede into 1cm cubes, boil, steam or microwave until tender.
- Melt the butter in large pan. Add the flour and stir until cooked. Remove from heat, gradually stir in milk, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Use a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic, then add leek, celery and cabbage. Fry until soft.
- Stir the potato, swede, cheese, veggies, tuna and beans into the milk mixture.
- Grease a pie dish and fill with the tuna and vegetable mix. Place the pastry sheet over the top, trim the pastry edges and press onto the edge of the pie dish. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is browned and the filling hot.