Potato and Swede Cakes (Low Chem/ Amines)
Makes 6 cakes
- 5 small potatoes
- 2 small swedes
- 3 shallots
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 2 rashers organic bacon (optional – Amines) – chopped into small pieces and cooked.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Cook and mash potatoes and swede.
- Stir in flour, shallots, eggs, salt and bacon (optional).
- Spoon evenly into a lightly greased muffin pan
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes
1. Sprinkle grated cheese (amines) on top, or add some cream cheese (low chemical) to the potato mixture.
2. Add other finely chopped or mashed vegetables to the mix.