These muffins are based on the Pear Muffin recipe in the Friendly food cookbook.
|Pear and White Chocolate Muffins|
Pear and White Chocolate Muffins (Amines, Low Salicylates, Low Glutamates)
- Canola oil spray for greasing muffin pans
- 1 cup plain self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pears peeled and cored, or 4 pear halves in syrup drained
- 1/4 cup white cooking chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease the muffin trays (makes 12 small or 6 large muffins).
- Sift the flours and sugar into a large bowl, adding the husks from the wholemeal flour back in. Add the white chocolate pieces and mix through.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, oil and eggs.
- Mash the pears.
- Combine the milk mixture, pears and flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin trays.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes than turn onto a wire rack.