We had a period of 5 or 6 days a while back where Oscar was having nightmares, wondering if it was food related we decided to go back to a low chemical diet for a few days. For something a bit different I made up the following pasta bake, which turned out really well, which was lucky because I made so much that we had it for dinner the next night as well. It makes about 6 serves.
|Chicken and Egg Pasta Bake|
Chicken and Egg Pasta Bake (Low Chem / Amines)
- 6 hard boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 500g cooked pasta
- 185ml tin light evaporated milk
- 250g light smooth ricotta
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tspn minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tblspn sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup ow fat cream cheese or yellow cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup Rice Bubbles
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine the evaporated milk and ricotta until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic, spring onions, celery and cabbage until soft.
- Remove from heat and add chicken, pasta, eggs and ricotta mix, stir until well combined.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Combine the Rice Bubbles and cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Use cream cheese for a low chemical version or mild yellow cheese if amines are tolerated.