This is not my normal post, but I need your help to keep an awesome swimming program operating and to spread the word.
- hold his breath under water,
- turn back to the edge and pull himself up if he fell into water,
- hold onto the edge of a pool and drag himself towards the steps,
- hang onto the side of the pool, and
- enter the pool safely by getting down on his hands and knees and entering the water feet first.
I am not aware of any other programs that teach this type of water safety, in fact many teach children to jump straight into the pool. I have seen letters written to Cookie from grateful parents whose children were saved from drowning because they had been taught these techniques.
Emma’s Babyswim has been unable to find an alternative location for classes. As the lessons are done in the warm water environment of the hydrotherapy pool at RAC, which is particularly important for the baby’s, they cannot simply be moved to any pool.
There are also many other programs and users of this facility that will suffer because of its indefinite (and possibly permanent closure).
The Ringwood Pool Action Group is lobbying the council to keep the pool open until they have a plan for its redevelopment and the required funding, and that the redevelopment be done in a manner which allows partial facilities to be kept open.
How can you help?
- Sign the petition
- Share this post on your social networking sites, blogs and via email
- Write or phone the local councillors or state representative: