I can’t remember where the original recipe for this came from, but its another quick and easy one.
Tuna Mornay Pie (Amines, Low Salicylate, Low Glutamates)
- Oil or butter for greasing
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 425g can tuna, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into thick slices
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- Extra milk
- Poppy seeds
|Tuna Mornay Pie|
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and grease an oven proof dish.
- To make the sauce: melt the butter in a small pan. Add the flour and stir to combine. Whisk in the milk and stir over a low heat until the mixture boils and thickens. Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange the tuna in the base of the prepared dish. Arrange the egg slices on top of the tuna. Pour the sauce over the top.
- Put the pastry sheet on top of the dish, turning under the edges. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is puffed and golden. Serve immediately.