This another recipe from our elimination diet, using just low chemical (or failsafe) ingredients.
Chicken, Leek and Potato Pie (Low Chemical / High Amines)
- 1 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 400g potatoes, peeled, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups home made chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese (optional – amines)
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
|Chicken, Leek and Potato Pie|
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, shallots and potatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- Sprinkle over the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add stock, stirring. Return to medium heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Add chicken and cheese (if using). Season with salt.
- Spoon chicken mixture into a 5-cup capacity, 26cm (top) ceramic pie dish. Place pastry over filling. Press edges to seal. Trim excess pastry. Cut a small cross in the centre. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden, cover with foil and cook for another 10 minutes. Stand pie in dish for 5 minutes. Serve.
|Chicken Leek and Potato Pie|
- Use 1 cup stock and 1/2 cup light evaporated milk.
- If you don’t have any cooked chicken, use 2 chicken breasts, mince them in a food processor then cook in a frying pan. Drain on paper towel to remove excess fat before using.
- Sprinkle the top with poppy seeds.
Just made this pie for dinner tonight and it was delicious. Thank you for your beautiful recipes. It helps so much when you are on this journey with your kids.