I modified my pear muffin recipe to make apricot muffins as part of Oscar’s High Salicylate re-introduction. The grated coconut is fresh coconut that we grate and store in the freezer.
Apricot and Coconut Muffins (High Salicylates, Low Glutamates, Low Amines)
- Canola oil spray for greasing muffin pans
- 1 cup plain self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed apricot (High Salicylates)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut (Moderate Salicylates)
- Extra grated coconut
|Apricot and Coconut Muffins|
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease the muffin trays (makes 12 small or 6 large muffins).
- Sift the flours and sugar into a large bowl, adding the husks from the wholemeal flour back in.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk, oil and eggs.
- Combine the milk mixture, apricot, coconut and flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin trays.
- Sprinkle the top of the muffins with the extra coconut.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes than turn onto a wire rack.