This is a super easy dessert, that makes a nice change from just plain fruit. Cook it with pears or golden or red delicious apples. The recipe is from The Failsafe Cookbook
Golden Pears or Apples (Low Chemical / Moderate Salicylates)
- 1 pear or red/golden delicious apple (moderate salicylates) per person
- Golden Syrup
- Custard, ice cream or yoghurt to serve
|Golden Pears with Banana Ice Cream
- Peel and core the apples of pears.
- Place into a microwave container and microwave on high for 2 minutes per piece of fruit.
- Place the fruit into serving bowls, along with some of the cooking juices, and drizzle with golden syrup.
- Serve with custard, ice cream or yoghurt.