This is not one of my favourite recipes, mainly because I don’t like red meat and I decided to use up the beef sausages in the freezer. I’m sure I would have liked it much better with the chicken sausages. Its another one done in the slow cooker, so a bit of preparation then walk away.
Slow Cooker Sausage and Vegetable Casserole (Moderate Salicylates, Low Glutamates, HighAmines)
- 3 cups home made vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 6 sausages (home made or failsafe)
- 1 carrot
- 2 small potatoes, peeled
- 1 swede, peeled
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- Tablesppon of parsley, finely chopped
- Tablespoon of chives, finely chopped
- Cooked rice or pasta to serve
|Sausage and Vegetable Casserole|
- Cook the sausages in a non-stick frying pan until browned. Slice into 2 cm long pieces.
- Chop the carrot, potato, swede and sweet potato into evenly sized pieces.
- Place everything into the slow cooker and cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Serve with pasta or rice.
Cooking meat in a slow cooker increases the amine levels.