Here a couple of quick, simple recipes ideas – Baked Potato Wedges and Chicken Nuggets. Serve them together for dinner with a few extra vegetables (beans, carrots, lentils, peas, etc.) or on there own as a snack.
The potato wedges recipes was modified from this one at allrecipes.com. The cheese on the wedges is optional, they are just as good without it.
The chicken nuggets I tried to get Oscar involved in making. We used these Japanese food cutters to shape our nuggets. Oscar wasn’t too keen on getting his hands covered in raw chicken so he just watched. Once he got bored and wandered off I ditched the shapes and just rolled the nuggets into balls!
Baked Potato Wedges
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
|Total time||35 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||Amines Challenge, RPAH Elimination Diet - Amines Allowed, RPAH Elimination Diet - High Chemical, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe|
|Meal type||Savoury Snack, Side Dish|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Serve Hot|
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Large potatoes (peeled and cut into eights)
- 30g mild yellow cheese
Low Chemical / Failsafe, High Amines
This recipe is high in Amines if using cheese.
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
|Total time||55 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates, Wheat|
|Suitable for||Dairy / Lactose Free, Gluten Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Meal type||Main Dish, Savoury Snack|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
|Occasion||Birthday Party, Casual Party|
- 500g skinless chicken fillets
- 1 stick celerey (roughly chopped)
- 2 spring onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup home made bread crumbs (Refer to Basics Page)
- 3/4 cups home made bread crumbs (for coating)
- 1 heaped teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Medium carrot (roughly chopped)
Low Chemical / Failsafe, Moderate Salicylates if using carrot
1. Use rice crumbs instead of breadcrumbs for a gluten-free version.
2. Leave out the carrot for a low chemical version and replace with any other allowed vegetables.
Refer to the Basics Page for home made bread crumbs.