I love apple pie, always have. When we started the RPAH Elimination Diet apple pie become pear pie – which was also pretty good. So now we combine both and have delicious apple and pear pie, sometimes with just a little bit of cinnamon (high salicylates).
Apple and Pear Pie
|Prep time||40 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||1 hours, 10 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - High Chemical, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold, Serve Hot|
Easy apple and pear pie.
- 3 Large ripe pears
- 3 Large Red or Golden Delicous apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry
- Canola oil spray
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Moderate Salicylates, Low Glutamates, Low Amines
1. For a low salicylate version use 6 pears and no apples or cinnamon.
2. If a small amount of high salicylates can be tolerated, include the cinnamon.
3. For a straight apple pie use 6 apples and no pears.
I have been looking for Golden Delicious apples for 3 years + now and still have not been able to find them in Malaysia. Do they go by another name?
I’ve never heard of them called anything else Evelyn, but I’ll let you know if I find anything.