Quick, easy, festive chocolate balls, with fresh coconut and chocolate.
- 250g plain biscuits (e.g. Arnott’s Milk Arrowroot, Teddy Bear or Marie biscuits)
- 400ml skim condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200g cooking chocolate (milk, dark or white)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut (Refer to Basics page)
- 1 packet Nestle Smarties
||Crush the biscuits and combine with the condensed milk and vanilla until it is all moist. |
||Roll the mixture into small balls (about 1 heaped teaspoon per ball) and place onto a lined tray. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. |
||Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and place the coconut onto a smalll plate and the Smarties on another. |
||Coat the balls in the melted chocolate using 2 teaspoons (or your fingers) then dip one end into the coconut or top with a Smartie. |
||Place the balls back onto the tray and return to the fridge to set. |
||Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. |
Very High Amines, Moderate Salicylates, Low Glutamates
Refer to Basics page for fresh grated coconut.