This recipe was modified from one in the Coles Baby magazine. They are very easy to make and are a nice alternative to a meat dish, served with vegetables or salad. They can also be had as a snack (cold or warmed) on their own. or in sandwich or wrap.
Chickpea Patties (Moderate Amines, Moderate Salicylates, Moderate Glutamates)
- 250g sweet potato, peeled and cooked
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 100g cabbage, diced
- 1 egg
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tblspns Home made bead crumbs or rice crumbs
- Canola oil spray
- Using a steamer cook the peas and cabbage until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, then add the chickpeas, cheese, peas, cabbage and sweet potato.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash the mixture until the ingredients are combined and the mixture is firm. Mix in the bread crumbs or rice flour.
- Mould the patties into golf-ball sized balls then flatten slightly to make a neat patty.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a light spray of oil when hot. Cook the patties for 2 to 3 minutes on either side or until golden.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in the fridge.