Chicken Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||8 hours, 30 minutes|
|Total time||8 hours, 50 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Dairy, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||Dairy / Lactose Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot, Slow Cooker|
Easy slow cooker chicken noodle soup.
- 1kg Chicken breast fillets
- 9 cups Water
- 2 Parsnips (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (squashed with the side of a knife)
- 1 Large Leek (chopped)
- 3/4 cups Split peas (rinsed)
- 3/4 cups Dried lentils (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 250g Noodles (any variety)
- 375ml Light evaporated milk
- 250g Soft tofu (sliced into thin strips)
Low Chemical / Faislafe, Moderate Salicylates
- For a creamier version add in the light evaporated milk at step 1 and use 1 cup less water.
- For a Low Chemical version, swap the carrot and parsnip for potato and swede.
- If you don't like tofu, this can be left out.
Note: the amine levels in meat increase with longer cooking times. If amines aren't tolerated this soup can be made in a large saucepan on the stove top with a much shorter cooking time. Cut the chicken breasts into 2 or 3 pieces for quicker cooking.