Chocolate / Carob Crackles
|Prep time||1 hour, 10 minutes|
|Cook time||5 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 15 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||Amines Challenge, RPAH Elimination Diet - Amines Allowed, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet – Very High Chemical|
|Meal type||Sweet Things|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
|Occasion||Birthday Party, Casual Party, Special Occasions|
Chocolate or carob crackles without copha.
- 80g white Pascalls marshmallows
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa or carob powder (sifted to remove lumps)
- 2 cups Rice Bubbles
- Naturally coloured 100s and 1000s
Low Chemical / Failsafe, Very High Amines
1. Use cocoa powder if amines are allowed.
2. Use carob powder for a low chemical version.
Originally this recipe had 1 tablespoon of caster sugar added at step one. I have since made the recipe with the sugar and it is still quite sweet.