Chicken Pot Pie
A great use for left overs - chicken pot pie.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 Medium leek (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 bok choy (stem and leaves finely chopped)
- 1 cup cooked vegetables (chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup home made gravy (refer to basics page)
- 3 cups cooked chicken (roughly chopped)
- 180ml light evaporated milk
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry (thawed)
||Preheat the oven to 190 C and lightly grease a 2-litre casserole dish. |
||Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add the leek, celery and garlic. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. |
||Add the bok choy and fry for another 2 minutes. |
||Add the cooked vegetables, peas, gravy, chicken and evaporated milk and cook until heated through. Season with salt. |
Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the pastry.
Place a few vent holes in the pastry and cook for approximately 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Serve with vegetables.
Amines, Moderate Salicylates, Moderate Glutamates
Refer here for Gravy Recipe.