Individual Chicken Pies
|Prep time||45 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates, Wheat|
|Suitable for||Gluten Free, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
Easy individual chicken pies, topped with your choice of pastry.
- 1 Small leek (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 Medium carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Medium sweet potato (diced)
- 1 Large potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups vegetable stock (refer to recipe)
- 600g skinless chicken breasts (cut into one cm pieces)
- Sea salt
- 5 teaspoons tapioca starch (see note)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 pieces pastry approx. 10 cm sqaure (your preference)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
Moderate Salicylates and Glutamates
Any type of pastry (commercial or home made) can be used for this recipe, you just need a square big enough to cover the top of the ramekins.
1. Use mashed potato on top instead of pastry.
2. Substitute swede for the carrot and sweet potato, and chopped beans for the peas to make a low chemical / FAILSAFE version.
You can use corn flour (wheaten) instead of tapioca starch, but the pie filling will not be gluten/wheat free.
Refer to the recipes on the Basics Page for home made FAILSAFE vegetable stock.