Pear and Buttermilk Muffins
Moist, delicious pear and sour cream muffins.
- 1 cup plain white flour
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 65g butter or Nuttelex (melted)
- 350g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid
- 2 Ripe pears (peeled, cored and diced into 1cm pieces)
- Canola oil spray (for greasing)
||Preheat the oven to 170°C and prepare 3 muffin trays. |
||Sift the flours, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl, adding the husks back in. Add the citric acid. |
||In a separate bowl combine the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and sour cream. |
||Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix through until just combined. |
||Add 2/3 of the diced pear and stir through. |
||Divide the mixture into the muffin trays and push the remaining pears lightly into the top of the muffins. |
||Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. |
Let stand in the trays for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool immediately.
Low Chemical / Failsafe
- 4 pear halves in syrup can be substituted for the 2 pears.
- substitute the sour cream for 1 cup of butter milk and 3/4 cup rice milk.