Risotto is a bit of a favourite in our house, usually made using roast chicken leftovers.
Roast Chicken and Vegetable Risotto
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
Roast chicken and vegetable risotto.
- 1 Small leek (finely chopped)
- 2-3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups Aborio rice
- 4 cups hot chicken stock (Refer to Basics Page)
- 1/4 cup vodka or water
- 2-3 cups leftover roast chicken and vegetables (diced)
Low Chemical / Failsafe, Moderate Salicylates, Moderate Glutamates
For a low chemical version use roast potato, swede and choko plus green beans. If moderate salicylates are tolerated include roasted carrots, butter nut pumpkin, parsnip or sweet potato. If moderate glutamates are tolerated include green peas.
Refer to the Basics page for home made chicken stock.