Our garden is overflowing with zucchinis at the moment, so you will be seeing a lot of zucchini recipes in the coming weeks. This one for Carrot, zucchini and Apple Loaf I have made as both a large loaf and as mini loaves. Oscar complains about the carrot and zucchini going into it, but has no problem eating the finished product. The original recipe comes from Sydney Markets.
Carrot Zucchini and Apple Loaf
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Meal type||Sweet Things|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
A healthy carrot, zucchini and apple cake.
- 1 cup white self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup peeled grated zucchini (squeezed to remove the excess liquid)
- 1/2 cup peeled grated red or golden delicious apple (squeezed to remove the excess liquid)
- pure icing sugar (for dusting)
Moderate Salicylate, Low Glutamates, Low Amines
Mini loaves can be frozen and thawed either in the microwave or at room temperature.