Chicken Sausage Rolls
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hours, 10 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet - Moderate Chemical, Salicylate Challenge|
|Meal type||Lunch, Main Dish, Savoury Snack|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
|Occasion||Birthday Party, Casual Party|
- 2 sheets butter puff pastry
- 1/2 swede (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 leek (washed and quartered)
- 200g sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini (grated with the excess liquid squeezed out)
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Poppy seeds
Low Chemical / Moderate Salicylates
1. replace the sweede and sweet potato with a small parsnip and carrot
2. for a low chemical / failsafe version use a whole swede and leave out the sweet potato and zucchini.
3. For party-sized sausage rolls cut each roll into 8 pieces and cook for 20 minutes.. Make them the day before, cool, store overnight in the fridge and then reheat before serving.
Cooked sausage rolls can be wrapped in foil and stored in the freezer.