My Favourite Biscuit Dough for Biscuit Cutters
|Serves||30 - 40|
|Prep time||1 hour, 15 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 35 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||Amines Challenge, RPAH Elimination Diet - Amines Allowed, RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe, RPAH Elimination Diet – Very High Chemical|
|Meal type||Sweet Things|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
|Occasion||Birthday Party, Christmas, Special Occasions|
Best biscuit dough for using biscuit cutters.
- 2 cups plain white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 120g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 Large egg
- Extra plain white flour (for rolling and cutting)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Low Chemical / Failsafe
- The vanilla can be left out if your are particularly sensitive to it.
- Vanilla essence can be substituted for extract, just double the quantity.
- Use half wholemeal flour, and add the husks back in after sifting.
- Leave out the vanilla and use 3 tablespoons of cocoa or carob powder.
- Substitute maple syrup for vanilla.
This biscuit dough can be frozen, just wrap the dough in foil (over the plastic wrap) before placing in the freezer. Let it thaw in the fridge until ready to use.
The number of biscuits made depends on the size of your cutters.
These biscuits keep extremely well for long periods of time in an airtight container.