Carob Syrup Cake
|Prep time||25 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hours, 15 minutes|
|Allergy / Intolerance||Amines, Artificial Addititives, Artificial Colours, Glutamates, Preservatives, Salicylates|
|Suitable for||RPAH Elimination Diet - Low Chemical / Failsafe|
|Meal type||Sweet Things|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold, Serve Warm|
|Occasion||Christmas, Special Occasions|
Deliciously moist, easy carob syrup cake.
- 2 1/2 cups plain white flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 500g smooth light ricotta
- 2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml carob syrup (refer to note below)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plain white flour
Low Chemical / Failsafe
Depending on your tastes and the type of carob syrup you use, you may want to sweeten it a bit. Place the carob syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add a tablespoon of brown sugar (adjust to your own taste) and stir through until the sugar dissolves. Allow to cool before using.
If you want to make your own carob syrup I have a recipe here.